Thread: Hoopla aside
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 10:21 PM   #58
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
And I'm sure blacks appreciate you telling them how they feel.
I don't. They tell me.

Quote:
Why? Are you preparing to argue that it is ok for one of those groups to be monolithic, just so long as they are less monolithic than the other group? If so, let me save you the time and tell you that is a dumb argument.

What's more, monolithic voting is an indicator that a group will vote for their party "no matter what," but it is hardly conclusive. It could just as well be that the party has produced a nominee acceptable to that bloc in each election. Whereas with Tex, you know he will vote Republican no matter what.
It's amusing you keep attacking me, as if I by myself am a voting bloc. It's very flattering really, but it misses the point: the Democrats have abused the black voting population and they (inexplicably) continue to come back for more. There may be no more underappreciated constituency in your party.

The Democrat party would poop its pants if anything more than 20% of the black population voted for another party, not to mention lose some key local contests.

Quote:
No, that is what you hear. It most certainly isn't what is said.
I think you're living in denial.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 03-06-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote