View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 01:09 AM   #168
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Why begin a website and sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Tex and Indy in this thread and the "Shot Birds Flutter" thread have exhibited all that is worst about faithful LDS culture.

They accuse anyone who does not take every word directed at them by Ms. Beck of being easily offended. They have assumed that anyone who disagrees with any word of Ms. Beck does so out of unrighteousness and a lack of the Spirit. They have told all those troubled by her words that they are spiritual midgets without discernment. They have condemned any who felt Ms. Beck went too far as sorely lacking in intellectual prowess.

Anyone who disagrees with them in the least must be a sinner. Anyone who is not on their side is clearly on Satan's side.

There is no use arguing with those who start the conversation with this position. Your trying to explain your view will only result in more self-righteous insults and condescending condemnation being hurled down upon your head.

Beck's talk isn't really my issue. I was not greatly bothered by it. But I have compassion for those who were hurt by it. I understand how certain sentences, however carefully crafted to be vague and defensible, were hurtful to many. Instead of condemning those who thus suffered as unrightous, I think Christ would embrace them and love them and understand them.

And that is the difference between the Tex's and Indy's of the world and me--how we view Christ. Is he the angry Israelite God throwing down fire from heaven to fry the wicked? Or is he the compassionate Jesus who embraced the adulterous woman and condemned her not.

Of course in reality he can be both, but which one is he to you in your life today? The answer is clear for all to see in how you react to those who are, in your mind wrong. When you mock them, and push them into the "unrighteous" corner, you show which God is your God.

It is right that by that judgment which you judge, so shall you also be judged.
a petition? What is the purpose of that? I would say that those that started the website, didn't have the spirit.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote