View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
I have seen it and heard it many times.

Here you go:
Update:The following statement was published in the Church News, an official publication of the Church, on April 28, 2001: President Boyd K. Packer, acting president of the Quorum of the Twelve, has released the following concerning a statement he is said to have made: "We continue to receive reports of the distribution of a quote attributed to me which begins, 'The youth of the Church today were generals in the war in heaven,' and ends with the statement that when they return to heaven 'all in attendance will bow in your presence.'
"I did not make that statement. I do not believe that statement. "The statement, on occasion, has been attributed to others of the First Presidency and the Twelve. None of the Brethren made that statement." President Packer has sent a letter to mission presidents requesting their help in clarifying this matter among missionaries and members, and has had posted on some Internet sites carrying the statement a notice that he did not make this declaration.

Reference:
wow, I'm not sure what is crazier, people believing that to be true, or the fact that nearly 7 years after an official statement like that was made, they have to repeat it because it is still going around.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote