View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #53
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
If you're referring to his cocaine dealers analogy, then I agree that was bizarre, but his point is legit in my opinion. He first explained how he felt that spiritual witnesses/feelings are found in all things, i.e., not reserved only for things Mormon. Then I think he used the drug dealer example (poor example maybe) to bring up a conflict of interest, so to speak, going on with Moroni's promise -- of course Moroni or Joseph Smith is going to tell you that if you have a good feeling about the BOM that that's God telling you it's true.
I do think it is an interesting paradox that we learn spiritual truth through good feelings but discourage any number of behaviors not withstanding that they feel good. His crack example was a wee bit over the top though.

I think I have said before that I do have spiritual witnesses but that what I experience physically is not distinguishable from how I feel when the national anthem is played. I hope those feelings are from God. I choose to believe they are. See my signature line.