View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 08:36 PM   #5
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road
Default Paper work?

I was under the impression that the CK will be endless correlation meetings.

I agree with the overall take that there is much more going on here than we are aware of or comprehend. I can't buy into the irrationality of that many souls regardless of whether ultimately they were proved wrong.

One thing that does leap out at me though as we discuss it is the incredible power of the principle of free agency. It is VERY hard to imagine being in the presense of God and making choices that are contrary to His will, and yet a third did exactly that. This leads me to think that it is not as hard to do this as we might imagine.

I'm of the thought that (as we are taught) the glory of God is so intense and indescribable that we cannot endure it in mortality BUT I also think that this doesn't necessarily mean being in His pressence overwhelms our ability to choose or even our desire to do evil. Interesting to me that this should be so. It also tells me that the desire to do evil, or that contrary to the will of God, arises not only from Satan attempting to entice such behavior. If the natural man is an enemy to God, then I think it must be true that part of what we resist when we resist "temptation" is something in our nature which is not to say that we are naturally inclined toward evil at all times, but that part of us inclines that direction and part of this life is learning to overcome that part of ourselves.

Is that sufficiently muddy?