View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #38
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
If someone like Adam wanted to stay in the church, then my suggestion stands. If someone like Adam honestly felt inside that he would not be happy in it, then I would ask why bother spending so much time to 'fix' something that is someone like Adam will not personally be able to 'fix' and that he knows inside he will not be happy with anyway.

Mike - I knew I shouldn't have suggested the perfection of the church, as I knew there would be misunderstanding. My comment was that is is perfect in its imperfections. It is hard for me to adequately explain what I meant but recognizing that it certainly does have imperfections, and certainly not all is well in Zion, what I meant to get across is that the church can function in everyone's life to the magnified degree that everyone is willing to pour effort into it. It is there to help anyone become a spiritual giant if that person is willing to allow that to happen. I am not suggesting that administrative changes could not be made, etc.
Do you think other churches can help people become spiritual giants? If not, why?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote