View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 08:47 PM   #85
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
Just because you have an idea of God's qualities that doesn't fit the evidence doesn't mean that the evidence is wrong. That's very small-minded.
What in the hell is that supposed to mean? Because I don't call God an "asshole", I'm small-minded? Yeah, that makes sense.

Solon wanted an alternative theory, so I tried one. I don't know what the truth is, I don't purport that my alternative theory is the correct one. However, I'm open-minded enough to know that I don't know the mind of God and that there are any number of possible reasons why certain groups of people don't appear to get equal treatment in this life and it isn't due to the crass attribution certain people keep using.

EDIT: To Solon's credit, he didn't bait me by asking for an alternative theory and then pounce on me like everyone else has.

EDIT2: By my way of thinking, Brian, giving the Chinese Confucius isn't nearly as good as giving the Americans Joseph Smith, or keeping Christ locked up in the narrow confines of Israel. God obviously had his reasons, but I'm at a loss to know why.

Last edited by Indy Coug; 02-22-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote