View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 04:50 PM   #13
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
It is what it is and you can't hide the history anymore. The EQP and I went to visit two new move-ins in our ward this week. One of the guys is an RM totally inactive for many years because he felt lied to about Joseph Smith and polygamy. He had an uncle leave the church and when he returned from his mission he tried to reactivate the uncle and the uncle gave him Compton and he ended up leaving himself.

This happens every day in the Church. Sometimes it is polygamy. Sometimes it is racism. Sometimes it is sexism. Sometimes it is violence in our history.

Indy, the above is a cheap shot. You believe that God would remove out of his place any man who would lead the Church astray. That is doctrine you embrace and believe from the quotes after the Manifesto in the current version of the DC. You believe God will strike down a prophet who would lead the church astray.

It is a fact that HBLee opposed giving blacks the priesthood--reported in many sources by many people. He daughter even said that he told her that blacks would never get the priesthood as long as he lived. I have provided many quotes on this point to you before.

It is a fact that HBLee served a very short time as President of the Chruch and everyone, including his family and closest advisers, were shocked and stunned at his unexpected death. I have provided the quotes from his bio by his son-in-law on this point previously.

It is also a fact that shortly after his death, well within the time that he would have been expected to live and lead the church, SWK lead the apostles to the decision to give the blacks the priesthood. A revelation confirmed the decision (that is the actual wording of the second manifesto).

So you line up those facts and want to stick your head in the sand, fine. It is your doctrine and your church as well as mine. Don't learn from history, repeat the mistakes. Those around you will suffer. On your head it will be, not mine. Good luck.
I missed the part about President Hunter.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote