View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather
Bush was heading toward that before, the question is...Can the Dems actually put up a candidate that can win?

The recent trend of beatable presidents seeking a second term going up against a couple of Soggy Cornflakes (Dole, Kerry) really needs to stop. I think that 2008 is a pivotal election for the direction of this country and the parties need to step up and bring some strong candidates... we need a Jay Santos and Arnold Vinick
I really think Warner is going to make a strong showing. In fact, he could wind up running against another former Virginia governor, Allen.

He is moderate and level-headed. I think he would be tough to beat. I think Richardson from New Mexico could be intriguing, particularly with immigration being the hot topic it is.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Lieberman throw his hat in the ring. He could even pull a version of a Santos move and ask McCain to run with him. That would be a strong ticket.

I think there are a lot of great names out there. I just hope they rise above the noise of other candidates, like Kerry/Dean.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote