Thread: On Stars
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 06:01 PM   #52
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

And here's Scout's explanation of how their recruiting rankings are calculated:

ABOUT OUR TEAM RANKINGS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scout.com team football recruiting rankings are based on the Talent, Need and Balance of players committed to that school. We consider only players who have made a Verbal or Soft Verbal commitment to that school. We include high school, prep school and junior college players in our analysis.

Talent - This category reflects the quality of players committed to that school. Teams must recruit difference-makers throughout their class to obtain a high ranking.
Need - This is analysis of whether the team needs are being met at each position. This value is capped per position type (i.e., a team does not receive extra credit for overloading at a position).
Balance - Teams must be represented at every position by players of each body type. Securing balance in every recruiting class is a necessity due to the injuries and attrition that are part of college football.

ABOUT OUR PLAYER EVALUATIONS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scout.com's player evaluations are made by our team of Recruiting Experts, who attend off-season combines and camps on college campuses, go to hundreds of games, and review miles of game film. Starting in June each year, the Scout.com recruiting staff makes monthly updates to our consensus player rankings.

ABOUT OUR EXPERTS
Scout.com's Recruiting Experts work in every region of the country and cover every Division I-A football team and conference. Led by Jamie Newberg and Allen Wallace, our team collectively possesses over 100 years of experience covering college football recruiting. Our staff is universally recognized as the most trusted source of timely recruiting news and in-depth player evaluations.

In other words, Jay, the rankings seem to have subjective factors built into them.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote