View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 05:54 PM   #5
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
I agree totally with you. However, lovefest is what BYU wants that place to be. I think Brandon or Talo said it was the only site in the college world that requires real names.

It not only got personal with Martinez, but also with a father of a prized recruit in Hawaii. I do deeply regret that as I didn't think he was stirring up anything. His story about his first encounter with Bronco was interesting.

Whose first encounter with Bronco? Te'os dad or Martinez? What did he say? I am a member of TBS and I couldnt find anything.

My personal opinion is that we dont get Martinez regardless, in his dads own words he said:

"now that LSU and USC have offered his dream schools, lets see if he keeps BYU in his top 5"

I think his dad is trying to hype his son and he has made numerous comments about this, talking about John expecting over 70 offers, being first team all-american at the combine, every new offer he posts about it. I can see why it woudl get tiresome when BYU has no shot at this kid.

Also I do think a few posters one of which posts on this board did get a little out of hand. But it is what it is, and if a handful of fans out of your whole fan base affect your kids decision where to attend school I can only imagine how much he will struggle on the raod in the SEC with 100k yelling things about his mama.