View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 05:16 PM   #11
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof-Bball View Post
Jimmer needs to be the primary pg next year. He is averaging close to 7 pts and 3 assists a game in conference play with an assist to turnover ratio of about 2.1/1 while shooting near 40% from 3. He is doing this in less than 17 mpg. Last night he had 10 & 5 in 20 minutes with 3 really nice drive and dishes.

I disagree with K-Dog. I have seen nothing this year that leads me to beleive that Lloyd is going to be the future at pg on this team. If he was he would be playing more. I think you would agree that the pg is the weakest position on the team and lloyd is consistantly the eighth guy off the bench. I do not see the progress or skills that he has seen. If the coaches want Lloyd to back up the point that is fine, but he should be strictly a combo guard not designated pg.

There was a play last night that encapsulated my vision of Lloyd on this team. I think JT got a steal and Lloyd took off down the floor beating everyone down the floor and received the pass for an easy layup. I think he and his skills are much better for that type of a roll. It should be him and Emery competeing for the starting 2 guard next year.

Of course this is all just biased opinion.

I disagree I like Jimmer at the 2 and Loyd at the point next year. Loyd does a good job of breaking the press, and running the offense, he needs more confidence with his shot and the reason he is the "8th" guy off the bench is because Murdock is a better player right now and the offense does run much better with Ben in the game. Jimmer and Collinsworth are a lot more versatile than Loyd so that is why they get off the bench earlier than Loyd does.

Also regarding Mikes point about Jimmer and Loyd not being very good, Jimmer is going to be a good player at BYU, if he ges more disciplined on defense he will be a solid 2 guard. Loyd has potential but he is raw, I think he is getting better every game however. With Lee, Trent, and JT back next year we could have you run the point and Archaea play the 2 and be a top 25 team.