View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 11:24 PM   #54
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I'm about as anti-authority as it comes, but this story just sounds odd. I'm not forever branding the kid. In my book, a young adult going too far with his girlfriend ranks about as serious in the severity of sin scale as say the average self righteous Tex post.

I'm on record saying, IF it happened like it said in the news article, that the bishop and stake prez are nazi jerks and something should be done to correct the situation.
It's hard enough to fill those rentabishop positions, nothing will be done. The story is mostly accurate. The kid had some notice, but apparently didn't believe he could have his EE pulled for low attendance. It wasn't a non-attendance, but a low attendance issue. As I computed it, it was about once every two weeks and no calling. The stake president probably didn't bother to review and just supported his bishop.

I'm very comfortable at this time, unless some shocking revelation hidden from many materializes, that it had NOTHING to do with sex. It had nothing to do with Alcohol. That part should be dispelled. I agree if a kid has sex with his girlfriend, it's not something I can see as truly bothersome, but in our culture it can carry a heavy, negative stigma for the mullah types like Smails.