View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 03:43 AM   #22
danimal

danimal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
Why do you say that? I feel like I know very little about him. I was just commenting to my wife that with GBH you really felt like what you saw was what you got. When he spoke you had a strong sense of the man. THM has such an extremely affected speaking style that I don't have that same sense.

Maybe that is the real him. I don't know. Does anyone have a sense of this?
A relative used to provide some of his medical care. She said that he was very interesting to listen to a he would immediately start telling stories and talking about things. At the same time, it was near impossible to have a conversation with him -- he wasn't too interested in back and forth conversation. There may be a contrast effect for us as Pres. Hinckley was much more personable and conversant than the average leader.
Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed, but free to explore extra-marital encounters.

Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people?

Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but...but it might work for us.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote