View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 11:36 PM   #45
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
When you posted that there were rumors of the DNC admitting Florida and counting their delegates, I assumed you meant some rumor of possible substance, not the wandering thoughts of journalists from around the country who had no actual basis in fact for their wandering thoughts.
Did they report something factual, or did they report their opinion? Pretty clearly, it was the latter.
The people hypothesizing in that particular article were a political science professor from the University of North Florida, a USA Today article, and the Baker Democratic Party Chair. The referenced USA Today article cites anonymously "most Florida Democratic officials"; as examples: elected Congressional Democrats Meek and Wexler.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...-florida_N.htm

Seems "pretty clear" that they were reporting what key Florida Democrats are telling them, rather than their opinion. Since I doubt you read the articles, you probably didn't realize that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I am not "attacking the sources" you have provided.
Heh. You sure did.

Quote:
What I have attacked is your nonsensical referral to those sources as some sort of legitimizing factor in this debate. You have yet again confused a statement of opinion as a statement of fact.
It's a fact that there are rumors.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote