View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 09:36 PM   #6
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I personally don't have a problem with it, but just the other day while at the grocery store, my 13 year old son saw some of the flavored malt beverages and asked me why there was soda in the beer cooler. I explained to him that it wasn't soda, but an alcoholic drink and he responded that it looked more like soda.

If it caught the attention of my son, perhaps it is the intention of these companies that produce the "alcopops" to target young kids about how malt beverages would be a refreshing thirst quencher. If so, then it should only be sold in liquor stores where juveniles are not allowed.

Then again, I may be way off and just an over-concerned parent.
It was next to the beer, not next to the sodie-pop, right?
Vodka looks like water, should they make it pea-green so it doesn't look too much like water?
Cough syrup comes in cherry flavors and contains alcohol, should it be sold in a state liquor store?
Was your son able to buy it?
Say someone 21 years old went to the liquor store to buy some "alcopops" at 3.2 percent and while he was there, it was next to some Everclear (80% alcohol, or something, I forget), thought that would be cool, so he got some of that, too. Now the manufacturers have just drawn the casual drinker in for the hard stuff rather than keeping them browsing the beer cooler at the grocery store. Is that good?
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote