View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #24
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
This will be an interesting situation with deep ramifications. If he does go to Utah, then I think it will be a one of those "that was the beginning of the end of the Dave Rose era" events a few years down the road. If he ends up at BYU, which like you I expect it to be BYU if he doesn't go national, Boylen is going to have to evaluate the time and energy he spends on such recruits. I can understand an LDS kid from SLC that is a lifetime Ute, but Majerus finally concluded that he was wasting time on the LDS kids from Utah not from SLC. They tell you all the right things but when push comes to shove Mama wants her baby where Mama wants her baby.

I don't know what his mission plans are, but if he has any at all the big boys will drop him fast once he comes out with those plans. He is marginally a national level recruit, ala Cummard, and his local teams are Utah and BYU. If he were from LA or Phoenix or Seattle, I could see the local Pac-10 teams willing to wait for him to return from a mission but not for a kid from Utah County. After the big boys drop him, my guess is he will rebound to the BYU after leading Utah along. That is not to say that Utah has no chance or that Tyler is not seriously considering Utah is his own mind presently, just that when push comes to shove Mama gonna have her baby where Mama wants her baby.
Is it common knowledge that Sister Haws wants her boy to go to BYU? Or is this speculation?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote