View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #12
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Did any of those rules conlfict with your basic belief system or more importantly did anyone indicate they came from God. I realize in the services one may be more afraid of ones superior than God, but it isn't a faith issue is it.

By the way, the hardest working companions I had were from Idaho. They were the hardest workers.
Yes many of them did conflict with my basic belief system. Such as the rule that I couldn't use my trash can between the hours of 0715-0915 conflicted with my understanding of the purpose of a trash can being to store garbage.

There are many other examples.

As far as faith goes, I was on a flight from DC to Newburgh the day before I "outprocessed" to serve my mission, and sitting the row in front of me was the Superintendent. He recognized me as a cadet even though I was in civies. He began a conversation with me until I dropped I was going back to quit. He wheeled around and began to "resolve my concerns." Upon learning I was just going on an LDS mission to England he carried on about the vivid colors of England, he was a former Rhodes Scholar, and how a study completed had concluded that RMs do 33% better after their missions than before.

He was from Texas and his first name was Howard, I don't think he considered Baylor though.