View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 03:56 AM   #32
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
They produce more research per capita, they don't bomb and occupy other countries, they don't torture people, they don't keep their people in constant fear of terrorism, their people are much healthier and live longer, etc.

I won't ever argue that our experiment in capitalism is not an outrageous success in economic terms, but there are other costs, and the current furor in response to 9/11 has done much to reduce our position in the world.
All that research and so few Nobel Prizes.

Ivory Coast.

Ever been a young muslim in French police custody?

I don't sense any more angst here about terrorism than I did in France.

Yes, you are correct, a lot more fat people here in the U.S. But our smoking laws are light years ahead. U.S. patient healthcare far outstrips France, unless of course one is able and willing to pay.

They also have a greater variety of cheese and yogurt.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote