View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 03:01 AM   #24
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
Still, not voting for someone because you disagree with them about supernatural stuff doesn't seem bigotry any more than not voting for someone because you disagree with them about real stuff.
Obviously the world doesn't turn on your conclusions about what is real and what isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
Huckabee is rare in that he is an all-out fundy. Therefore, the fundies came out in droves to vote for him. CB says this is obviously because they hate Mormons. I guess that means that when Utah gets a bigger than average turnout it means they all hate Christians. Dumb logic.
Show me polling showing that 30% of Utahns will never vote for an Evangelical and that logic won't be that dumb. Show me the countless Mormon websites and "ministries" dedicated specifically to taking down Evangelical belief and that logic won't be that dumb. Show me Mormons that dog Evangelical meetings and get-togethers nationwide and that logic won'd be that dumb.

It had an effect. You've already admitted it. The debate is how much.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote