View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Part of the problem, at least in the mission I live in, is that the missionaries are not being allowed to interact with the members on the same level.

Currently, members are not allowed to have the missionaries in for a meal unless there is an investigator present. The members are allowed to bring meals to the missionaries, or pay for their meals, but not eat with them unless there is a missionary purpose behind the visit.

The missionaries have been making the rounds in our ward teaching members the "lessons," but members frequently cancel for various reasons known only to them...but I think that many would be far more willing if they could plan a meal around the lesson...but maybe I'm wrong.

When missionaries can't interact with members and "BRT" (a concept that is not being taught in the MTC anymore...so I'm told), then the members are going to be far less willing to open up their homes and let the missionaries teach their friends.

As a recently called ward mission leader, it makes for some interesting meetings.
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote