View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #10
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
and I'm all for that. Just like C Connecticut St gets in the NCAA Bball tourney if they win their conference. They just didn't belong in the current format. The disemboweling they took only proved it.

Look, I understand by the way (not necessarily directed at you IPU) that Illinois and Oklahoma got boat raced in their bowl games. They were both dominated, but you're in denial if you think they were somehow equally inept with Hawaii. Hawaii didn't look like they could tie their shoes. Illinois and OU at least resembled football teams. Hawaii could have lost by 60. They seriously sucked royally, as predicted.

Does anyone really think Illinois played as bad as Hawaii did in their bowl game? Sure they both lost by 31, but Hawaii was UNLV awful.
I understand what you're saying - but I hate the BCS more than anything else in college athletics. Anytime the BCS can be proven to be a sham, it is a good thing. Hawaii not deserving to be there only strengthens the BCS argument that only BCS teams should be in BCS bowl games.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote