View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #7
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
What do you mean by "just fine"?

When you see that only 25 teams played two or fewer BCS schools this year, do you feel comfortable making that as the standard for BYU? And why? Because we're entitled to 8-4 seasons even when we suck?
I believe that in the long run a program is better off for going 8-4 even when they suck. Perception is reality in college football and ensuring your down years don't drop you off the radar is important.

My approach is one OOC patsy, either a sucky non-BCS program, and three good games with at least two of them being against teams from BCS conferences. 2-2 OOC years doesn't bother me if BYU is losing to legitimately good teams. The past two years they lost to three average teams and one legitimately good team, BC.

However, given what Bronco inherited and the trends I have seen I think that he will start winning more and more of the OOC games.