View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 08:15 PM   #9
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo View Post
I've never had a gym membership so I don't know how committed I am to going to a gym and I generally prefer to work out at home and go running on the Jordan River walkway by my house. I just don't want to run in the cold. No way am I running in the cold. That's why I've thought about getting a treadmill for the winter months. I'd then have everything I need at home. The question is...do I want to spend the extra cash to get a nice treadmill.
I'm happier running 20 miles in the cold than I am running 5 miles on a mill. I can't stand them. As long as I'm not running on ice or deep snow, I'm fine. I have a treadmill at my house, and when the weather's bad enough that I have to run on a treadmill, I go to the gym. For some reason, it's just more bearable. And for $5 a month, I don't know how committed to going you'll have to be. Go once or twice a month and just sit in the sauna, and you'll have your money's worth.

Which part of the Jordan River Parkway do you run on? I do most of mine on the section from 12400 South to 14600 South. I'm looking forward to the day when the whole thing is connected. That would be great.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote