View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 08:03 PM   #8
cambo

cambo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Also, I need to ask what kind of a crappy treadmill are you going to get for $60 if you don't join the gym? There isn't a treadmill worth buying for under $1,000.
LOL...I wouldn't buy a crappy treadmill. I would buy a nice one. But then I would have it for much longer than 3 years and I'm just trying to decide what benefits me the most.

The Golds Gym deal is through my company and its a perk they are not changing any time soon. If you sign up for 3 years then you pay 5 bucks a month and if you quit before the 3 years is up then you have to pay out what the company was putting into the contract...which amounts to another 5 bucks a month. It is a pretty sweet deal. But, I know I will not be at this company for 3 years. I don't even know if I can make it another year.

I've never had a gym membership so I don't know how committed I am to going to a gym and I generally prefer to work out at home and go running on the Jordan River walkway by my house. I just don't want to run in the cold. No way am I running in the cold. That's why I've thought about getting a treadmill for the winter months. I'd then have everything I need at home. The question is...do I want to spend the extra cash to get a nice treadmill.
cambo is offline   Reply With Quote