View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #41
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Why am I not surprised that you would chime in too. The complete quote has already been posted. It isn't like it changes the fact that Romney essentially disavowed revelation since Moses. He knows for a fact that what he is saying is totally misleading, and he knows he doesn't even believe what he is saying. So what if the "main" point he was making is that he doesn't have frequent communication with God?

And the wiggle room that DJ wants to lean on isn't even helpful for Romney. "Perhaps some others?" Perhaps? That works if you aren't a firm believer in the restoration of the gospel. But he is (or at least says he is), making his statement a blatant lie.

I have no problem with dodging questions on religion. I have no problem with refusing to answer religious questions, or hedging on them. But to outright lie about your religious beliefs suggests to me that he is a person who is willing to say or do anything to get elected, and that is a dangerous man. He has shown himself willing to flip on any given political issue; now he has shown himself willing to flip on religious issues as well.

All of DJ's rationales given are excuses for not talking about religion at all. Mitt chose to discuss religion, so those excuses are bunk in this example.
But the complete quote hasn't been posted ... we still do not have the transcripts. And the unwillingness on your part to admit that he mispoke but his intent was NOT to say no one has received revelation ect. is rediculous.

Reasonable people can agree that for sensational purposes he is being quoted out of context.

Last edited by tooblue; 12-26-2007 at 03:47 PM.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote