View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 09:22 PM   #32
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Blah blah blah. Don't come here citing hearsay studies without citation to support your crack-pot, fringe sexist theories. Ignoramus, you're in the stone age. More than half the population of elite colleges and graduate and professional schools are women. Women are holding their own numrerically and intellectually in the board rooms, faculties, OR's, law firms and labs of the most elite institutions in the West. Their kids have been growing up and attending places like Stanford now for 2-3 generations. Odds are our next president will be a woman.

I'd like to see if your hero Romney would spout this blather. He wouldn't because half the directors of corporations he's formed are women, and he'd be done as a candidate in one second if he did.

I have as little repsect for sexism as I do racism. I know hundreds of women who are great mothers and would disembowel you professionally in the blink of an eye.

Why don't you send me an excel file of those "hundreds" of women that are great mothers (that you actually know are great mothers and not relying on media hype if they are public figures), and who could disembowel me professionally in the blink of an eye. LOL what a joke.

Did you not pay attention over the past thirty years of the enormous push to get girls into college? How many programs or quota systems are there today that are actually geared toward men not considered minorities? How many of these women actually finish their schooling? How many actually continue on to careers opting to delay or eliminate family life? How many would have even applied to college if there had not been such a strong promotional effort to get them to do so? Now I am all for boys and girls attending college if that is their desire. I am all for both genders doing their utmost to educate themselves, but I am not about to support the kind of feministic platforms that are dominating higher education today due to the amount of sixties bra burners that now enjoy administrative positions on campuses today. Sad to realize that many of these die hards got where they were through politics vs. capabilities.

Are you like that Cropped Hair, loopy earring Haight Ashbury throwback that wept in front of Barbara Walters or was it Diane Sawyer when the a tight group of women considered as a golden generation decided to step down as CEO's, Partners in their law firms, etc to be stay at home mommies. They were all wanting children, having them and realizing that staying at home and nurturing them was preferred over any other choice. No discussion of Daddy staying home during this all important period in a childs life. This feminist hippy idiot was angered by their behavior. She ranted about how these women had a duty to set an example for girls to follow after and that they had set women back over thirty years. No joy or happiness for their decision to stay at home; only anger and bitterness.

Here is a nice article written by a woman, using quotes by women regarding this issue.

Here is amazing piece that really digs deep into the challenges we face due to feminism. Overcoming Motherhood

This is a must read. It is long, but it does an excellent job of revealing just road we have taken when we have worked so hard to break up traditional roles as they have been established over thousands of years.

BTW, my wife is educated, works out of the home (has her office at home), but travels as a CRA regularly throughout the United States to monitor various phase studies for pharmaceutical research. She loves her job and enjoys the flexibility it provides given that she can work from home. She decided to work only after our children began attending school. Why? Oh I don't know, maybe it had to do with the priorities of nurturing that she felt were so important. If you were to bark your feminist rhetoric at her, she would grin slightly, shake her head in wonderment at your ignorance, and than walk away. (She is conflict averse which makes sense since she is Swedish).

Look before you leap. The feminist agenda is counter to a society of values that strengthen a nation. Feminist agendas have nothing to do with equal pay for equal work. It has nothing to do with valuing each gender for what each brings to society.

Click on image for my card and blog
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote