View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 04:10 PM   #118
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
The JFS quote maybe there's some wiggle room. But if you look at the body of quotes made by early church leaders on the subject, there's no possible other conclusion. If you accept the quotes by Ute4ever, it's 100% clear. They're from an anti web site but SIEQ vouches for their accuracy.
They all say the same thing, santos. I read the quotes. There's even one from Ezra Taft Benson in there, which is pretty recent by my standards.

Quote:
β€œThe Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints proclaims that Jesus Christ is the Son of God in the most literal sense. The body in which He performed His mission in the flesh was sired by that some Holy Being we worship as God, our Eternal Father. Jesus was not the son of Joseph, nor was He begotten by the Holy Ghost.”
I really have to laugh at the brain that consumes that quote and gets "God and Mary had sex" out of it. If that's what you get out of it, good for you, but it sure ain't "2+2=5".

What's really interesting here is the box you are forcing Mormonism into. Your vociferousness that these quotes MUST mean sex and nothing else makes it impossible for any prophet to speak of the Father in a literal sense, and NOT imply sex along with it. According to you, whenever we hear "God is literally Jesus' father" we're supposed to think "sexual intercourse."

Frankly, it's bizarre.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote