View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 12:59 AM   #107
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
You can go on thinking I'm a fundamentalist wacko in denial, and I will consider you all doctrinal harlots. Not much changes.
I find this crack to be a little annoying. I am far from a radical and tend to be very mainstream in my views and beliefs. I am also frequently annoyed (as I have expressed in this very thread) with how flip many here tend to be about matters that I think should be treated with respect and dignity, even if you are a non-believer. Even so, some things just seem obvious to me and don't really affect my testimony or the basis for my testimony. To suggest that I am somehow a 'doctrinal Harlot' because I think JF.S and other prophets, whom I generally revere, very plainly set forth a doctrine that you or others find unacceptable is unfair.

I am not bothered by the fact that you don't accept it. I think you are wrong and I think you are kidding yourself about what they said and what they meant by what they said, but I am not bothered at all that you believe differently. But why you feel the need to suggest that someone like me is a 'doctrinal harlot' is beyond me.