View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 01:12 AM   #15
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Too bad I'm not running for president.

When asked if it was wrong I would stand up and shout "Hell yes, it was wrong!"

Too bad no one in power is willing to tell the truth. But it will be increasingly uncomfortable for Romney and the apostles to say "no" when asked if the pre-1978 policy was wrong.

I would resign by apostleship before faced to say that.
Sure Mike, and then they'd ask you your views on polygamy. Then after that your position on the Church's position on the ERA. Then after that your position on women and the priesthood. Then after that your position on the Church's views on the family. Then after that your position on the Church's seeming looking the other way on illegal aliens. Then after that . . .

At some point you'd start asking yourself what any of those positions had to do with being the President of the United States.

If people want to know Romney's views on Civil Rights they should, as with any other candidate, look at his record. There is plenty there to examine.

This whole thing is bullshit and you would accept a big pile with arms wide open, then turn and say, "Thank you sir, may I have some more."

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote