View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 01:06 AM   #14
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I didn't teach it on my mission because I had not been exposed to the truth yet.

How would you suggest I educate my local leaders? And please don't suggest some of your usual unfunny bullshit.
Unfunny? Surely you jest.

Actually, I have no idea. I am looking to you. You seem to be very charged about this issue, and how imperative it is for this message of racism to be disseminated to the masses, lest we suffer a rising tide of hostility and apostasy.

So I am basically asking you a few things--assuming you are correct about your hysteria:

1. What are YOU doing about it? other than post on an anonymous message board, what are you willing to do? You mentioned Juanita Brooks. Have you submitted anything for publishing...to Sunstone or the like? Or even to non-LDS publications? Using your real name? I would assume you have solid writing and research skills. Have you used them for the furthering of this cause?
2. What do you suggest OTHERS do about it? You claim you are banging a drum. Well, help others march along. What do you suggest we all do? What do you suggest, in an ideal world, that the Church do? Call a press conference? admit to mass racism? then what? What is the plan after that, if that is the plan at all?
3. Have you spoken with your Bishop and Stake President about this issue, in particular? Perhaps they are not as well-read as you. Would you be willing to disassociate yourself from the Church if it does not fall into line with your view of how this charged issue should be handled? And if not, then how strongly do you really believe in the cause?

The two people you have referenced, MLK and Juanita Brooks, ultimately paid a huge sacrifice for their beliefs. So like I said....do you have courage?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote