View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 05:05 PM   #65
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
You are again taking an orthodox interpretation with orthodox construction. Most LDS would agree with your approach, and not with the one I might propose.

Suppose God is not as judgmental as we like to think we are. We have the example, modern, of Alex Carrington being in the First Presidency with Brigham Young, carrying the Spirit, even though he was having an affair for ten years. There are unsubstantiated rumors that others more lofty had affairs.

I'm not certain your assumption that God withholds blessings from others if the persons through which he must act are unworthy personally. I'm also beginning to wonder if our unworthiness even for horrible acts cannot be cleansed through tremendous sufferings and the effects of the atonement through means not understood.

Again, looking at Mike's proposition requires thinking outside the orthodoxy and rejecting orthodox constructions and assumptions. Most won't agree with this exercise, which I'm okay with. It is not mean as an offense to you.

Also let's say Nephi's scared, and wonders what to do, so he thinks he hears God say, lop off the head. So he does it. Even if it's wrong, is it necessarily murder? Are there other possibilities?
Well, for contrast, we have the David/Uriah/Bathsheba story to witness the consequences of grave sin and the apparently fruitless attempts of David to be redeemed.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote