Thread: The Jazz suck.
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 04:24 PM   #16
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
Rocky hit the nail on the head with Sloan. He's the reason the Jazz will never win a championship. For that matter I am glad that LHM keeps giving him extensions.
The other reason the Jazz have never won a championship.....they have always lacked a player that could take over and dominate at the end of the game when needed.

Stockton was one of the greatest PGs of all time, but you dont go to Stockton every time down the stretch with 3 mins left....unless you wanted him to just pass the ball to someone on each possession. Stockton created....he did not take over and dominate.

Malone, during his 2 MVP seasons ("MVP," I should say) was a workhorse. Malone is arguably the greatest PF of all time. However, he was not realiable to put his team on his back and will them to victory in the closing stretch of games--at least not consistently or when it mattered most.

All the great championship teams had someone who was known for taking over and dominating....even selfishly if need be.....MJ, Magic (or Worthy, actually), Bird, Kobe, Hakeem, Duncan, etc....

The Jazz have never had that player, which is why they will always fall short in the post-season, where you need a combination of solid D, the ability to exploit matchups, and someone who is going to take the ball at the end and win the game himself.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote