View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 06:26 AM   #31
Dan

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Here is the ...

... Eugene England - BRM letter. BRM explicitly admits Brigham taught AG, and explicity claims BY was dead wrong on that issue.

http://www.myplanet.net/mike/LDS/McC...nd_letter.html

I am a little torn with how trite BRM makes the case against BY with all of his "which Brigham do we believe?" type rhetoric. He oversimplified BY's general theology. BY was a prophet (i.e., top dog) and BRM was 'only' of the Q12. These comments by BRM (an living apostle attempting to trump a dead prophet - now there is a mental tug-o-war in the mind of the average orthodox Mormon *grin*) were made a few years before SWK's open disavowal of AG. BRM is also, through his admission of BY teaching the AG concept, allowing us to beg the question ... which BRM should we believe when we read his works? The one who writes in Mormon Doctrine that it is a lie to claim BY taught Ag? Or the one who will admit he did teach it only in relative seclusion? I can understand why BRM would take the position he did, but it doesn't sit well with me to read his comments about which BY should we believe.

Temet Nosce - \"Know Thyself\"
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote