View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 06:52 AM   #127
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss
Default I am just tired of people like you, seriously you make me tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I am tired of people like you saying torture is evil and deplorable, and then going on to say we have no idea what we define as being torture. If you aren't going to take a stand on something as clear as water boarding, then what in the world IS torture?

Teancum assassinated a person. What does that have to do with torture (unless you are equating assassination with torture, which would be difficult to do).
No I was illustrating that Teancum had no motivation for assassinating Amlicikiah(sp?). They were winning, they had the advantage and yet he snuck off in the middle of the night and pierced a defenseless sleeping man in the heart. If this is acceptable, than surely Romney stating that he does not condone torture and will not discuss details of his own definition of such for national security reasons during a time of war is surely also acceptable. Waters called him Evil for this, yet Teancum is a good guy?

Last time I checked the video response, Romney on two occasions stated that he does not support torture, however he was not going to begin defining what was torture. Sorry you do not like that response. Does is mean he supports torture? In your mind you seem to have already convinced yourself it does.

You may be tired of people like me for actually thinking this through. Do you think keeping someone up for days with music with immoral lyrics blaring into their cell is torture? I mean no physical harm came to this particular prisoner who was actually broken by this incessant hedonistic message.

Does breaking down someone spiritually constitute torture? I think it is. I think it is definitely torture, but the Geneva Convention, The ban on torture doesn't cover this type of behavior. So I guess it is okay? Not in my mind it isn't. Am I going to tell my enemies that we won't be doing these things to them? Not on your life. Let them create their own ideas of just what we are capable of. If they think we are weak we will most likely be forced to fight. If not, great.

BTW the reference to immoral music was actually done to one of the higher ranking Al Qaeda members, and it broke him after about a week. This actually foiled several major plots against the US. Does it justify it being done? Here is the quandary that during a time of war we find ourselves in. I still say no, but my belief system is such that I think there are alternatives.

Click on image for my card and blog
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote