View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 04:39 AM   #39
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Point number 2 is very telling. I am one of those who believe that it is because BYU won a mythical national championship that we have the BCS today. I just don't like that Division I football is the only sport that doesn't have a playoff to find a true champion.

And you speak the truth about Utah and BYU in the PAC 10 ending up in the Vegas Bowl. More likely BYU, as what's-her-name is still upset that she scheduled her game on a Christmas Day in the early afternoon and Utah didn't have many fans in the stands. She's the idiot for it happening, but won't accept responsibility. But I digress.
I wish we had a playoff, too. It would be great. But I feel like the reality is that, for the most part, those traditional schools are better, anyway. If you look at March Madness, there are some examples of an NC State or Villanova. But for the most part, the better, traditional schools win championships. And even NC State wasnt that much of a fluke. they had won the ACC tourney that year.

In recent years, unbeaten teams like Marshall, Tulane, Boise State, Utah....they were not the best team in the country, so they really were not robbed of anything.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote