View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #20
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Based on that? All he really said is that we're not going to be advertising our interrogation field manuals to the rest of the world. He looked like a dork saying it in contrast to an emotional and indignent war hero, but the substance of what he wasn't that bad. He's said alot worse things.
Interesting that the prevailing opinion on here is that Romney came off looking bad against McCain in that exchange. I disagree. I think McCain came off exploitative (the Powerline guys used the word "demagogic") of the question.

McCain on torture is starting to become a little like Rudy on 9/11. Smacks of opportunism. I understand the man suffered and I respect his view, but he isn't the only one permitted to lodge an opinion on this topic. In fact, one could argue that his experience taints his ability to make an objective decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I think I have for a while been in the camp that Romney is woefully misguided. I am now entertaining the idea that he is just plain evil.
I think I have for a while been in the camp that Waters' take on Romney is woefully misguided. I am now entertaining the idea that it is just plain stupid.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote