View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 12:44 AM   #12
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Confirms my suspicion that you are more of Ute hater than a BYU fan. I guarantee at least once in your BYU fan life, there has been a game where a Ute victory was more beneficial to BYU than a Ute loss.
...and exactly how did you manage to extrapolate that erroneous conclusion from that story?

Perhaps it's because I have never cheered for utah. Perhaps you should take into account the fact that the only other teams I can ever remember cheering for aside from BYU are Pitt, and in '00 I went to RES to cheer CSU onto victory over the utes to make me feel better about us losing to SDSU earlier in the day. Misery loves company you know, if I had to feel bad about BYU losing, I wanted the utes to feel bad about losing that weekend too.

Admittedly there have been times when I've hoped the utes would run some other team into the ground because it would make BYU look better once they trounced utah at the end of the season. I most certainly wasn't actively cheering them on, and didn't feel bad about it if they ended up losing, so I hardly think that's even relevant.

I can also in all honesty say that once the u had beat BYU in '03 or whenever it was, I was not at all upset about them going to the BCS bowl, but only because I knew BYU was going to get a nice chunk of money. That's really the only time I can remember thinking that their performance could really yield some significant benefits for BYU.

Don't jump to conclusions that you can't support. If the u was somehow wiped off the face of the earth tomorrow I wouldn't be any less enamored with BYU football.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote