Thread: BYU vs UNC
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 12:52 AM   #37
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
You're right Cali, seems like they freaked a bit, kind of like Peter on the water (intentional religious comparison here). I kept thinking, work it into Plaisted first, and then see what happens; but the missed threes kept coming. I think they got way anxious at the end, not knowing how to finish.

I hope this team can improve and that this isn't as good as they get.

What an amazing two days in Cougar Basketball.
I agree. This team has room to improve and I was a little ticked the guys lost their composure at the end, jacking up needless shots and making bad entry passes, the athleticism of UNC notwithstanding. If we had stopped that three with 2:07 left, it might have been a different game. Right now, we have Tavernari and Plaisted, two great players for us, but we need to develop a third and a fourth to raise the bar.

Cummard needs to learn how to hold back to avoid some of those silly fouls. And we don't have a guy outside of Tavernari who is likely to knock down a jumper.

However, with Plaisted making improvement, it feels good to watch basketball again. Hopefully they won't lie down for anybody else and take it to Michigan State and Wake Forest showing no mercy in conference. At this early part in the season, they are playing better than all others, but championships are won in February and March, not November and December.