View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 08:53 PM   #44
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
There are positive externalities to wi-fi. Just like a telephone. If you're the only with it it, it's useless. The more others use it, the more it is profitable for you to have one. So people won't get wi-fi until more people have it, so we need the government to get it jump-started.
I don't think wi-fi is as critical as the telephone, and I've made my living the last 10 years in Internet-related businesses and technology.

I noticed your chart, by the way. I already said earlier that I don't think a per capita comparison is fair, given the sizeable difference in population. But as long as we're doing comparisons, we ought to compare those countries tax rates with our own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
A straw man, indeed.
It may be we have finally found someone who has a worse understanding of the concept of a straw man than even Cali Coug. I didn't think it possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
You will find that he does that a lot. Says something, only to say 8 pages later that he never actually took any position at all. You may find this link helpful:

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...9&postcount=72
Let's hope Lebowski is reading this thread: I'm not the one turning it into a referendum on Tex-hate.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote