View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 04:12 AM   #9
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dut99002 View Post
Nice post. Nice thoughts.

I didn't see any of the game (just checked the gametracker off and on), so I didn't see the situation as it happened. I don't really see any logical or good reason to make the call to kick it onside--it sounds more of an emotional decision. Unfortunately, he probably won't live it down now, especially with *some* BYU fans. I wish that he wouldn't have done it.

Now they need to get ready for New Mexico and kick themselves in the rear for dropping the ball earlier in the season against UNLV. BYU has executed well enough throughout the season to be in a comfy, two game lead and now we Ute fans can only pray that they slip up so that Utah has a chance to win the conference title.

I must say though, things have gotten better since the train wreck of a beginning. There was little hope after the major injuries and the loss to AFA and UNLV.
New Mexico has had our number over the past few years...or forever...and this game has letdown written all over it. One of the signs as to whether or not Kwhit has turned the corner as a coach here will be a win over UNM next weekend.