View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #36
Judge Smails

Judge Smails is on a distinguished road
Default We've got a smaller audience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
VS best two games this year were BYU-UCLA and Wisconsin-UNLV. They each got .6 and .4 ratings.

I found 2003 article that said ESPN avg 1.9 rating on Saturday games and 2.2 rating on Thursday games.

I think it's fair to say when Boise plays on ESPN, they are watched by 5 times more fans than when BYU plays on VS. "National" broadcast is meaningless. BYU playing on VS might not even attract more fans than when they had local coverage by Sports West.
...there's no doubt. We're trying to build something, that should be expected.

I'm having a hard time reconciling the fact that those bitching the loudest about the TV contract are bitching that we should go Independent.

I GUARANTEE you, if indy happened, these same people would be bitching the loudest about how stupid it was to go independent - it certainly would be.

By the way, your Thursday/Saturday ratings were helpful for all of 1 BSU game this year. Could you please find me some stats for Sunday night (against the NFL game) and Friday night (which is Friday night). That's when the other 4 BSU games are/will be shown on ESPN this year.

Even if the ratings match Thurs/Sat (which they won't), they are a far cry from 100X or 50X that Waters is claiming.

Even 2X or 3X isn't good enough, but again, we're trying to get twice the games on TV, all while keeping the games at reasonable times and dates.

If the mtn. works it will be the bomb. I'll do all I can to help make that a reality. Talking about going independent is stupid at best, nonproductive for sure.