View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 02:42 PM   #16
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I've heard all of this except for the new MWC thing.

Add two teams to the MWC? Everytime I think Bronco has some real Rondo-style vision for the program he says crap that makes me wonder. Small thinking. He's coached at Oregon State when it was nothing, La Tech, and New Mexico. I think he actually believes it when he says the MWC is tough and they need a non-D1AA game to balance out the schedule. Pure crap.

Glad he's for a playoff. I'm surprised by that story, though. A lot of coaches are vocal about a playoff. It's the university prez's that are against it.

Booing. He's got to get over it. That's small man again. Be bigger than it, Bronco. I heard this victim talk at the fireside last week. Those passionate fans are the ones that enable you to make $1M coaching a SPORT. You are living the dream, and it's because of those passionate fans. Embrace them. Validate them for being passionate.

I like the focus on scoring. That's a change since he started. He (and Indy) used to talk about yards. KW (and I) talk about scoring. Bronco's evolved on that. He might want to set a different bar for the offense. That's somewhere around #80 in the nation.

I'm all for wearing blue.

Recruiting. I've heard him say this stuff for a couple years. I think it's probably for the purpose of blowing smoke up people like Tex's arse who actually believe BYU FB is a worthiness contest. I doubt the 3.0 GPA thing is true. If we turn away a stud athlete with a 2.9, that would be the dumbest thing Bronco did yet. And I don't think he's that dumb.
I talk about pass efficiency differential.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote