View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 03:34 AM   #7
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Any place around here you can get healthy portions of sashimi for decent price? I usually just go for tuna and salmon sashimi. I'm relegated to the fact that I can only get the good stuff when I travel to big city and it's on the company tab.
If you are talking about straight up sashimi (no rice), then I don't know. If you count nigiri then up until a month or two ago I would have said Sushi-ya. Now their raw fish is about a millimeter thick. Either that or we just keep going on the wrong nights.

We took our Japanese friends to Sushi-Ya right at the beginning of the poor-quality period. There was a japanese girl waiting the table that night and she told them (in Japanese) "This place really sucks. The sushi is awful. Don't ever go where they don't have a Japanese chef." (Etc.). She didn't know that I speak Japanese, too. It was kind of funny.

The best nigiri for the price (that I know of) is the Benihana sushi bar in SLC. Good variety and big slices.