View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 05:09 PM   #54
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
That is fine, I am sure there are people who have been treated well. Maybe BYU has decided that since you have to live in Utah to watch games you also have to live there to donate and buy tickets. We can leave it at that.

Your evidence about giving tickets away to 2 or 3 games however flies in the face of the true statistics. People were not more interested in watching BYU play from 2000-2005 with better quality opponents at home. BYU had their lowest average attendance during those years since before the stadium expansion.

I do wonder if Indy is upset that I am agreeing with him on this. I think he has me ignored on CB.
It is not important enough for me to spend the time researching why the attendance was the way it was. One thing that hurt 2001 was we came off of a less than stellar year the year before and the first game was before the students even got back in 2001.

I will also bet the games against ND and USC and GT and Syracuse, etc. were better sold than the games against the teams we were sure bets to win.

As long as BYU is winning and winning the conference, attendance will be just fine as long as they don't drop the UCLA's and replace them with the UTEPS.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote