tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte

As I've stated before, I believe parts of the OT are sublime as literature:

http://cougarguard.com/phpBB2/viewto...r=asc&start=15

That little review you wrote got me to pick up the OT for the first time in years. I'm currently in the book of Judges and have thoroughly enjoyed myself to this point.

Regarding the BoM, I have to echo just about everything that Creekster wrote a couple posts above. While reason can play some part in a testimony of the BoM, in the end the matter is one of faith. I certainly don't read the BoM because I find the writing to be a thing of beauty. But my spiritual life has its basis in that book and I value it as the ultimate source for "spiritual food." I don't fault anyone for coming to different conclusions and I've not ever felt like SeattleUte was attacking my beliefs.
You've not lived until you read the Old Testament and the Koran in French, and for that matter the Book of Mormon.

The real problem is the English language … a language that requires far too much effort to make the ordinary sound eloquent –see:

Huckleberry Fin … like gnawing on black licorice
Pride and Prejudice and the like … exhausting
Shakespeare … anarchy

The book of Mormon is not a literary masterpiece. However there are few texts that can match its bluntness and the audacity of its origins.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote