View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #7
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
It depends on the realm.

He would need to face legal justice, and that would not result in happiness for him. Compassion and charity do not mean a person who breaks a law, necessarily escapes the governmental punishment. But it is not my place to implement that punishment. That must be done either according to the rules of war or post-war regulations. Fortunately, I am not involved in that.

However, am I as a Christian allowed to harbor resentment toward him? No. Even he must be forgiven by a believer. Am I or other Christians perfect in achieving this? Not by a long shot. Of the people I harbor, improper resentments toward, he's not high on the list, though I do not think highly of his actions. I do not walk around hating him, as I have better things to do.

Again a model Christian will have already forgiven him in his heart. Judge good Mormons and Christians by this standard, not by the less the good example I may set.
Ofcourse ,its perfect to forgive ,as we are always in mad hope to be forgiven by God..but let me see if i got your statements precisely ..

you are saying "Bin Ladan" or any one else who has done such a crime and a true believer 's forgiveness isnot probably going to make him change his intention/attitude/belief ..is still deserved to recieve pardon?

or you are saying that a true believer ,is supposed to bestow forgiveness just becuase he is God's mirror on earth??

i honestly would like to judge mormons and christians by the offering standards as i hope you would care to do the same.