Thread: Suite Francaise
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 10:00 PM   #8
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpiney View Post
Actually her grandparents were Jews, but her parents and herself were cathlolic. She was born and raised a catholic. There is no mention of the Jews at all in the book.

It more deals with the daily life and hassle of first evacuating Paris and then dealing with the occupation and having the German soldiers living among them, beign a part of their lives and how their daily life was.

I didn't find it political at all, just matter of fact this is the way different classes have to deal with this crap.
I didn't mean the book's contents being political in this instance. I meant that because the book was written by a holocaust victim, and based on events that led to her death, the book itself being a relic of that supremely tragic event, what critic wouldn't praise it? She may actually have been liquidated for being an intellectual and a writer as much or more than for being a descendant of Jews.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote