View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 09:15 AM   #16
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
The temple is theatre used to teach principles. The theatre isn't important it's the principles taught that are.

Without the Spirit, the intellect alone cannot understand it. So discussing it intellectually is meaningless. This is not a blind faith thing.

The temple is most excrutiatingly difficult, yet beautiful thing to explore, but only members harboring the Spirit, who also investigate deeply the Gosple can hope touch upon its depths.

Discussing differences in temple ceremony is inappropriate as it's (a) forbidden, and (b) a usesless exercise for somebody without the Spirit and intellect atuned to its message. I dare say most members who attend only get the temple at a very superficial level.
Can you find me any place that says that talking about what goes on in the temple is 'forbidden?'

I have been to the temple quite a bit, and I know what is forbidden and what is not forbidden as far as the script is concerned. If LDS culture shys away from talking about those things, it is fine if the mods of this board choose to support that culture. Some prophets have suggested that members don't talk about the temple ceremony, but those same prophets have also suggested that members don't talk about many subjects that are visited frequently on this board. The actual covenant of secrecy is very specific, and NOTHING that I have ever written about on this board has ever violated that covenant.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote