View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 07:30 PM   #43
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Gladiator is no more violent than Lord of the Rings. It is nowhere near as graphic as SPR. You would not be bothered by an unedited version of Gladiator unless your purpose in not seeing it was to avoid all R rated movies.
I also do that, yes.

But in this case, not my primary motive for not seeing the movie.

Also, edited versions arent really safe for me, either. For example, I have seen the edited Braveheart. Wow, i cannot watch that stuff. The one scene where the guy rides in on the horse and basically crushes the other guy in the face? Yikes. Also, scenes of implied genital mutilation are not for my sensitivities, edited or no.

This basically explains why i rarely see movies....there is so much in them that annoys me, not the least of which is poor acting and writing.

Since you have seen Gladiator, would an edited viewing lose much of the story? That is my issue. is it worth seeing if it is edited? If not, then i will continue to never have seen it and probably be just fine in the morning.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote